for the Collection of or Disclosure of Personal Information
Thai Plastics Industry Association places great importance on the protection of personal information of its members and is committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act 2019 with regards to the keeping and disclosure of personal information. TPIA is in the capacity of a personal data controller; therefore, it has a duty to comply with laws and regulations set by the relevant regulators.
1. Types of personal data TPIA collects, uses or discloses
TPIA may collect, use or disclose members personal information subject to the rights and conditions of this policy and/or the consent form acknowledged by members, as follows:
1.1 Company information
Only personal data belonging to natural persons such as
– Information related to the directors or a persons authorized to act on behalf of a juristic person
– Shareholder information of a juristic person
1.2 Contact information
– Name-surname of the contact person
– Telephone number
– Address of the contact person
2. TPIA will collect, use or disclose relevant personal information for the following purposes:
2.1 To provide benefits to members in form of privileges, news, invitation to join events such as business matching
2.2 To offer services or products of the TPIA.
2.3 To collect opinions to improve the development of services and products of the TPIA.
2.4 To perform other operations related to the above-mentioned purposes.
3. Acquisition of personal information and legal base
TPIA may obtain the above personal information from the fact that you have applied for membership with TPIA or from the fact that you inquire about TPIA. However, the collection of personal data will be carried out only with prior consent of the personal data subject, except for the following cases:
3.1 For necessity of providing services as per contractual obligations between the personal data subject and TPIA.
3.2 To prevent or suspend danger to life, body or health
3.3 To follow the laws
3.4 For the legitimate interests of TPIA while taking into account the rights of the data subject. For example, TPIA will prevent fraud and ensure network security protection for the benefits of data owners.
3.5 To conduct research or create statistics in the case of creation of historical documents or archives for the public benefits or related to research or statistics. TPIA will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect rights and freedom of data owner.
3.6 To carry out the mission of the state in the event that it is necessary to carry out the mission for the public benefits or to perform duties under the powers of the state that can assign to TPIA.
4. Duration of retention for personal information
TPIA will not keep personal information of members beyond the time limit specified by law and the period of claim or civil litigation (10 years).
5. How does TPIA protect personal information of members?
TPIA will keep the information safely in the form electronic data. TPIA has security measures in the electronic system that serve to keep information safe and to process information properly. TPIA also has put in place measures to prevent personal data breaches. TPIA has established policies of practice such as measures to prevent employees from removing member information from TPIA’s system to maintain the confidentiality of personal information of members.
6. Rights of personal data subject
The owner of the personal data has the right to perform the following actions:
6.1 Consent Withdrawal: You have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information throughout the period your personal information is with the Association. (Only personal data that the association has obtained on the basis of consent)
6.2 Requests for access to personal data: You can request access, obtain a copy of your personal information. However, TPIA may refuse your request if required by law or by court order.
6.3 Electronic Data Acquisition and Transfer: You have the right to receive information provided to TPIA in electronic form and has the right to transfer your information for use in the services of others. You have the right to let TPIA transfer information directly to other parties if technically feasible.
6.4 Objection to collection, use or disclosure of personal information: You have the right to object to the collection, use or disclosure of information about you in the following cases:
– In the case of collecting, using or disclose personal information for scientific, historical or statistical research purposes, except in the case of necessity for the implementation of TPIA’s public interest missions.
– In the case of necessity to collect data to carry out missions in the public interest of TPIA, or for reasons of necessity in the legitimate interest of TPIA; except for when TPIA demonstrates more important legitimacy or to comply with the laws or take actions in court.
6.5 Request for deletion or change of personal data status: You can request deletion, destruction or turn your personal information into non-personally identifiable information. Unless the association has to comply with the relevant laws in keeping such information.
6.6 Requests to suspend the processing of personal data: You can request the association to temporarily or permanently suspend the processing of all or part of your personal data.
6.7 Correction of personal data: You can request corrections or change your personal information in the event that your personal information is inaccurate and to keep your information current.
6.8 Complaints: You have the right to complain to the relevant government agencies in the event that you believe that the collection, use or disclosure of personal information of TPIA violates or does not comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2019.
7. Contacting the Personal Data Protection Officer
If members have questions or want to inquire about the policies and protection of personal information of TPIA, TPIA admins can be contacted by the following:
Address: Thai Plastics Industry Association
Office Address: No. 127/2 Phaya Mai Road, Somdet Chao Phraya Subdistrict, Khlong San District, Bangkok 10600
Tel: 02-438-9457-8, 02-863-0802
Consent Form for the Collection of or Disclosure of Personal Information
TPIA has a need to obtain consent from the personal data subject to perform the following operations:
– TPIA would like to inform members of TPIA’s organized activities and relevant news. TPIA also needs to utilize personal and contact information to contact members when conducting business matching activities for the benefits of members. During business matching activities, should you prefer to create public forums for the purpose of business matching, you consent to show your information and requests to the public. If you choose not to disclose your information or business matching requests via public forums, TPIA’s admins will proceed the business matching on your behalf without disclosing your information and requests to the public.